- It takes a long time. Losing weight requires extreme motivation and desire in order to be successful. If your goal is to lose 50lbs in a year, you have to remain focused almost the entire time in order to achieve that goal in a healthy and permanent manner.
- There are no short cuts. There are no magic pills or fad-diets that will help you lose weight the right way. If there was obesity would not be an epidemic in America. If you are looking for a shortcut then you will fail before you even get started. You will waste more time and effort searching for a non-existent cure than actually working towards your goal. Instead, prepare yourself mentally for the difficult, but rewarding, journey.
- You need a support system. Having a support system greatly increases your chances for success. When you start to fall off track (and this will happen) you need someone to encourage you to get back on. Doing it by yourself is definitely possible (though very difficult), but having a support system makes it that much easier.
- Requires changing your lifestyle. Losing a vast amount of weight requires one to incorporate the things they’ve learned into their daily life so that it becomes normal and routine. Once you lose the weight you will still have to continue eating healthy and living an active lifestyle in order to keep the body you’ve earned.
- Lack of knowledge. With so much information out there it can be overwhelming; weeding out the myths from the facts can be extremely difficult. Unless you do constant research it can be near impossible to assess what is relevant information and what isn’t when you have limited knowledge and experience with the fitness industry. The only way to overcome this is to do thorough research or to speak with knowledgeable people.
Feel free to like me on Facebook or follow me on Instagram for more fitness tips, advice, motivation, and workouts!
OR simply subscribe to my blog!